The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust (DHG) www.http://dudleygroup.nhs.uk consists of three hospital sites: Russells Hall Hospital, Guest Outpatient Centre in Dudley and Corbett Outpatient Centre in Stourbridge, 30 minutes north-west of Birmingham City (by car and public transport).
The hospitals are among some of the most technologically advanced in the country, where state-of-the-art equipment and modern, purpose-built buildings combine to create the highest standards of patient care.
“The completion of our three purpose built hospitals, with state-of-the-art medical and diagnostic technology, has enabled us to provide the right environment in which we deliver services in partnership with our health and social care partners. In providing care for over half a million patients every year, each with individual needs, is about much more than the physical environment and technology.
Our vision is to be the Hospital of Choice for people living in Dudley and the surrounding areas. We describe this vision in terms of how the care and service will feel for patients.
Imagine a place where, if you were a patient, you would be cared for by a team of professionals who:
▪ Always think about how you may be feeling and help make you feel safe and comfortable
▪ Will provide you with the best standard of treatment and care that they possibly can
▪ Know what they are doing and have the skills and experience to do it right
▪ Work together to make you feel one team is caring for you, wherever you have your treatment and whoever provides it.”
There are numerous development opportunities available for nurses:
- International Development Programme specially designed to develop overseas nursing recruits.
- Senior Band 5 Development Programme aimed at Band 5s with a minimum of 18 months post qualification experience looking to either promotion to Band 6 or to develop their skills in the senior Band 5 role.
- The Band 6 Development Programme; this academically accredited programme offers both newly appointed and more senior Band 6s the opportunity to consolidate their role and look at small scale organizational improvement projects. This programme gas been successfully expanded to include master’s level credits
- The Band 7 Development Programme offers new and exiting Band 7s the chance to develop their leadership skills whilst at the same time developing their ability to work through a large-scale strategic project that will clearly demonstrate organizational benefits.
- Work is beginning for the development of a Matron Development Programme.
- Nursing staff continue to access the Learning Beyond Registration budget to complete academically accredited clinical courses specific to their area of work. This budget has enabled a number of nursing staff to complete first degrees and masters level awards.
Please take a moment to see the below video about nursing at Dudley Hospital Group and how the international nurses are being supported:
Living in Dudley
Dudley is a large town in the West Midlands of England, 6 miles south-east of Wolverhampton and 8 miles north-west of Birmingham. The town is the administrative centre of the Metropolitan Borough of Dudley and in 2011 had a population of 83,727.
The town offers a huge choice in shopping with newest addition being a brand new “intu Merry Hill” shopping gallery, just 10 minutes from the Hospital.
Accommodation in Dudley represents a very good value for money. According to rightmove.co.uk and spareroom.co.uk the prices start at:
- Double room from £250 per calendar month, inclusive of bills (excluding WiFi)
- Studio or 1 bedroom flat from £350 per calendar month + bills
- 2 bedroom flat from £450 per calendar month + bills
Info in regards to the average cost of living can be found on http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=United+Kingdom&city=Dudley (last updated in February 2016).