|Title:||Skype interviews for overseas Nurses of all specialties for Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (OUH)|
|Job Type:||Permanent - full time|
|Location:||Oxford and Banbury|
|Salary:||Band 5 £22,128 - £28,746|
Recruiting overseas Nurses of all specialties for permanent positions at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
OUH is a world renowned centre of clinical excellence and one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the UK.
The Trust is made up of four hospitals - the John Radcliffe Hospital (which includes the Children's Hospital, West Wing (Accident & Emergency), Eye Hospital, Heart Centre and Women's Centre), the Churchill Hospital and the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, all located in Oxford, and the Horton General Hospital in Banbury, 30mins north of Oxford.
OUH provide a wide range of clinical services, specialist services (including cardiac, cancer, musculoskeletal and neurological rehabilitation) medical education, training and research. Find out more about OUH.
Benefits of working for the OUH
The most important thing during the recruitment process is that we establish whether you are eligible for the registration at the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) in United Kingdom. Here are the basic entry requirements that all candidates MUST prove BEFORE starting NMC application and prior to applying for the above roles:
- 10 years of school education before starting a post-secondary education nursing training programme.
- Nursing degree at post-secondary level leading to registration as a general nurse (minimum 3 years in length, containing minimum of 500 hours of clinical practice).
- A minimum of 12 month of post-graduate experience.
- English language proficiency under one of the three categories:
1) Providing a proof of achieving required academic IELTS 7.0 in each section or OET at B grade.
2) You have a recent pre-registration study which was taught and assessed in English. Recent refers to 'which should not be more than two years old at the time of registration'.
- A University Transcript of Training, evidence must confirm that at least 50% of programme includes clinical interaction.
- A letter from the institution completing a NMC form sections 8a & 8b.
3) Registration and practice of at least one year in a country where English is the first and native language and an English language assessment was required for registration.
IELTS - International English Language Testing System is an examination that is solely run at British Council approved/accredited institutions/learning centres all over the World. https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/
OET - Occupational English Test is the English language test designed for the healthcare sector. The NMC will only accept results from the February 2016 test administration onwards. https://www.occupationalenglishtest.org/
OET is being updated and will come into effect from the September 2018 test (registrations open on 21 June): https://www.occupationalenglishtest.org/test-update/
NMC - full details and explanations of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) requirements can be found on: https://www.nmc.org.uk/globalassets/sitedocuments/registration/registering-as-a-nurse-or-midwife-from-outside-eu-or-eea2.pdf
All successful candidates will be provided with a comprehensive training / induction programme and a mentor. The candidates will have an opportunity to join OUH pending their NMC registration working as Nursing Assistants at Band 3 £19,852 gross per annum.
*NEU Professionals offers full support and assistance all throughout the recruitment and NMC registration process (including preparation for CBT and OSCE).
To apply please forward your detailed CV*, IELTS/OET certificate and a copy of your passport to:
Director of Operations
*Your CV should include a maximum amount of detail to confirm your previous experience, ward, size of the hospital, list of duties and your NMC status.
NEU Professionals Limited does not levy any charges or fees from the candidates, directly or indirectly.